Monday, February 24, 2020

Daily Wellness Report: 2.24.20

PRIOR NIGHT’S SLEEP: Approximately 9.5 hours.

MORNING SUGAR: 118

BOWEL MOVEMENT (s): 1 this morning.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

BREAKFAST: 2 cups of coffee, with half-n-half and a total of 4 Splendas.  1 McDonalds sausage McMuffin with egg.  2 Belvita biscuits.  1 McDonald's chicken biscuit.

LUNCH:  1 McDonald's chicken biscuit.  1 pear.

DINNER:   Plain, toasted bagel with cream cheese, turkey and Colby Jack cheese.  A handful of tortilla chips.  1 Cadbury Creme Egg.  1 pear.

SNACKS:  1 Cadbury creme egg.  Several handfuls of salted, crunchy peas.

EXERCISE: Full body stretch.  Free weights.  400 ab crunches / sit-ups.

TOTAL NO. OF STEPS: 8097

WRITING: This blog.  Over 2000 words on my novel, "Island Hunters".  Worked through 30 pages on the second draft of my feature script, "Trip", and was able to call that draft complete!  :)

THERAPY HOMEWORK:  Here's the thing.  One of my homework assignments for this week, was to have my morning Miralax, my usual 2 cups of coffee and NOT my normal morning BM... and to then go for a walk, perhaps to Vine and back (about a 2 mile round trip).  But it seems as though having my morning coffee, creates something of a Pavlovian response (also just a plain old biological one).  So this morning, my intention was to do the homework, but literally, within 10 minutes of finishing up my coffee (not enough time to have gotten dressed and ready to head out the door), I ended up having my morning BM.  And it was urgent.  Like so much so, that had I walked out the door with that urgency, it would have been either a disaster or a photo-finish return to my apartment bathroom.  So there's that...

SOCIAL OUTINGS: A brief morning walk to McDonalds.  Then a walk to get a few groceries and to see my chiropractor.

MEDITATIVE WRITING: 53 minutes of meditative writing, resulting in over 2k words written on "Island Hunters".

READING: Couldn't focus on my final two Lovecraft stories last night, so hoping to dive in today/tonight -- once I log off from the interwebs!  :)

HOUSEHOLD CHORES / PROJECTS: Took down the recyclables. 

OTHER / MISC.: Chiropractor visit.

DID I MAKE THE BED? Yes.

DID I POOP MY PANTS? No.  No poop in my pants today!

In an effort to reduce anxiety (mostly self-inflicted) about my writing workload, I decided to try something different today.  While I usually put on my "to-do" list (which I write up almost every day), 5 pages on this project, 5 pages on that project and so on -- in an attempt to touch a little bit on all outstanding projects.  But it seems, with 4 scripts on my desk and my novel in the works, that it's become tough for me to multi-task.  I mean, switching between 5 fictional worlds in one day, perhaps is just too much to ask of myself.

So, to see if I can up my productivity, and get that much needed "shot of dopamine", by actually finishing something, I'm going to have a daily focus.  I'll still do my daily meditative writing, and use that time to work on the novel (thus the novel gets some love every single day), but as far as the four scripts I'm in the middle of, I'll put all of my drive into one script at a time.  For instance, today -- I'm working solely on "Trip".  Tomorrow, I'll tackle "ESP" or "Mom Died".  

I hope this works, as I'm feeling unproductive on so many of these project fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment